Master Sustainability and Quality Management
Master of Arts
- Type of study
part-time with evening classes
- Standard period of study
- Programm start
- Credits (ECTS)
- Language of instruction
- Number of places
- Admission requirements
Completed university degree, a minimum of one year work experience following the primary university degree, very good knowledge of German
- Application period
from 1 December
- Tuition Fees
- Accredited by
- HWR Campus
Master Sustainability and Quality Management
The Master in Sustainability and Quality Management enables you to enter or progress further in a field certain to have a future. You are taught to think and act in a process and results-focussed way, across multiple interfaces and within value chains. You develop strategic, operational goals and measures with which you can sustainably shape your business and safeguard it for the future.
The Master programme at the Berlin Professional School offers you:
- A comprehensive view of environmental economic issues as well as concerns relating to quality and sustainability
- Hands-on projects with companies on the topics of quality management and sustainability
- Integrated training courses/for recognised TÜV quality officers and managers or resource efficiency managers (in conjunction with the VDI)
- Dedicated Career Service and a resolute network
The part-time master study programme starts in October annually and runs for 2 years. Taught through German, it consists of 12 modules, a practical project and a company excursion.
- The modules are usually taught two evenings a week. There are approximately 8 blocks of weekend seminars per academic year
- The one-year practical project built into the programme supports the transfer of practical skills and provides room for specialisation
- Various company visits are made outside Berlin as part of a three-day excursion during the second academic year
The study programme content of the Master in Sustainability and Quality Management is application-specific. It includes areas of management and organisation, handling technology, resources and media, national and international environmental and economic policy as well as relating to German and European environmental law.
The quality officer, quality manager and project and process modules, as well as the corresponding modules, examine popular vocational fields and provide you with an insight into your future opportunities.
As part of the project management module, you will work on a year-long project covering a range of topics from the fields of sustainable management and quality management. The subjects range from “creating an environmental performance evaluation for lights” to “support when establishing management systems” right through to “writing a children’s book on the subject of renewable energies.”
The master study programme therefore provides the perfect balance of theory and practice. The skills acquired are interdisciplinary and transcend across sectors.
Den Studiengang zu studieren, war die beste Entscheidung. Die Inhalte sind umfassend, abwechslungsreich und praxisorientiert. Die Lehrenden gestalten den Unterricht interessant u. bringen viele Beispiele aus ihren eigenen Erfahrung
- Completed university degree (180 ECTS or 210 ECTS)
- A minimum of 12 months work experience following the primary university degree with 210 ECTS
- A minim um of 18 months work experience following the primary university degree with180 ECTS
- Applicants, who are not German nationals or do not possess a German university degree must be able to prove their proficiency in German with a special language exam (e.g. DSH exam)
Each year, applications are accepted from 1 December. We recommend applying early as admissions are made on a rolling basis depending on suitability. 25 places are assigned annually for the programme start in October.
If you meet the entry requirements and are interested in applying for the Master Sustainability and Quality Management, please use our online application tool:
- certification of eligibility for university education (e.g. Abitur/A-levels)
- certification of university degree: Bachelor / Master / Diploma
- employment testimonials
- letter of motivation, including professional goals
- curriculum vitae, preferably in "europass"
- copy of passport
- passport photo
Please submit formally certified copies only. Certificates and other documents which are not in English nor in German must be translated into one of these languages. Translations must be formally certified and attached to the documents.
If you are applying from a non-European country, you will need to allow for the time to have your visa processed (approx. 4-6 months).
Tuition Fees – an investment in your future
The tuition fee for the Master Sustainability and Quality Management is 7,950 Euro.
- All study costs, from matriculation to modules and teaching materials, right through to exam charges
- Career Service and events
Tuition fee can be paid in installments, which you can view in the schedule of fees. We would be happy to advise you personally!
On graduating from BPS, you’re drawing a new hand of cards for your career. Yet we understand that questions about reorientation, career strategies and development are almost as important as the study programme itself.
We offer you a CV-Check: Your CV is the core of your application. The Career Service actively supports you through application processes with a complimentary CV check. Together, we will make your strengths and experience truly stand out.
Over 3 000 alumni from more than 30 nations, and another 200 students joining annually. That is the worldwide Berlin Professional School alumni network, consisting of specialists from infinite industries and companies. As part of this international community, you will gain access to BPS alumni groups on XING and LinkedIn.
You will also automatically receive invitations to BPS alumni events including our homecoming event or the X-Mas Punch.
You have studied at the Berlin Professional School or at the IMB Institute of Management or the Institute of Distance Learning at HWR Berlin? Then you can register for our Alumni Network here.