Certificate with 5 ECTS
- Type of study
Module of the Berlin MBA
- Seminar duration
40 contact hours
- Seminar schedule
Friday evening until Sunday
8. - 10. October 2021
12. - 14. November 2021
- Language of instruction
- Tuition fee
Our certificate programmes present you with a subject area that provides a perfect blend of academically-based teaching and practical knowledge from experts. These continuing professional development sessions run over several days, teaching you skills both for further personal development as well as for your next career step.
This seminar aims to introduce you to relevant management theory and its managerial application.
- By the end of this seminar, students will be able to:
- Assess environmental factors related to international business
- Reflect on the complexity of cross-border business activities and the differences concerning governance/board structures
- Apply basic tools of international market participation modes
- Formulate strategic alternatives for firms engaged in international business
Topics of the seminar:
- Introduction to international management
- Globalization and environmental factors
- Concepts and theories of international business
- Market entry strategies such as joint ventures, franchising, foreign direct investment etc.
- Cross-border M&As
- International corporate governance
- Case studies
- Interactive lectures (seminar style)
- Homework (Readings: frameworks/tools)
- Teamwork and presentations
- Class Discussions
Combined assessment consisting of oral presentation (50%) and short term paper (50%)
The seminar has a scope of 40 attendance hours (plus preparation and follow-up time) and takes place on the following dates:
8 - 10 October 2021
12 - 14 November 2021
The seminar times are Fridays 6.00 pm - 9.15 pm and Saturday / Sunday 9 am - 5 pm.
The seminar will be held in English and in on-campus format at the BPS Schöneberg Campus.
Small group sizes guarantee an individual learning atmosphere and optimal supervision by the lecturers.
The seminar combines theory and practice in an optimal way. Professors, lecturers and external teaching staff of the Berlin MBA have hands-on management experience in leadership roles or have worked as consultants. The seminar styles of the classes encourage lively discussions and support rapid learning in subjects aligned with professional needs, and build on every students’ work experience.
A Certificate of Advanced Studies with 5 ECTS credit points is awarded to participants successfully completing this seminar.
It is possible to have these ECTS credit points recognised within the MBA programme, provided you fulfill the admission requirements. In this case the seminar fees already paid will be deducted from the fees for the course of study.
The tuition fee amounts to 1.500 Euro (incl. materials).
For vocational further trainings, tuition fees are normally tax deductible. Travel and accommodation costs must be paid by the participants.
A recognition of the seminar as educational leave is usually possible.