Master Business Management – Digital Business Management
* 100 % Online Distance Learning Programme *
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Type of study
Distance learning online
- Standard period of study
- Programme start
- Credits (ECTS)
- Language of instruction
- Number of places
- Admission requirements
First University degree (210 ECTS) and one year of postgraduate work experience
For applicants without a first university degree: five years of relevant work experience plus qualification test
- Application period
from 15 January
- Tuition fees
The whole study programme is delivered online. In some modules mandatory synchronous online lectures are delivered.
Master Business Management – Digital Business Management
The Master of Science Business Management qualifies graduates for management positions in startups as well as international companies and organisations that are facing the challenges and opportunities of the digital era.
The programme offers you:
- A profound knowledge of concepts, theories and applications of all major subjects of business administration and a specialisation in Digital Business Management.
- An interdisciplinary understanding of management in an international context as well as insights into different sectors and types of companies in order to provide students with the necessary skills for a leadership and management career in rapidly changing companies and organisations.
- A modern online study programme characterised by media diversity marked by a high degree of flexibility and a regular offer of exchange and frequent interactions between lecturers and students.
- An option of studying additional modules (including certificate) at our partner university, the renowned Porto Business School (e.g. Corporate Sustainability, International E-Commerce Strategies, Managing Global Supply Chains).
- A dedicated Career Service and a strong BPS network.
Skills you will acquire:
- Profound business management knowledge and methodological skills in the field of digital business management.
- Development of an entrepreneurial mindset coupled with competences for the implementation of digital business strategies.
- Ability to manage digital innovation and transformation processes.
- Leadership skills development based on a leadership assessment and in form of individual coaching.
- Wide range of electives for individual profiling on current topics of digitisation in different functional areas.
The programme's focus on innovation and digitization fostered an intrapreneurial mindset, enabling me to identify opportunities, create innovative solutions, and lead successful digital initiatives in a changing market.
The Master of Science Business Management begins in October and runs over the course of 24 months. The distance-learning programme is divided into three sections:
- Phase 1: You learn and build upon fundamental concepts, theories and applications of business administration. You will develop an essential understanding of management with special emphasis on digital business
- Phase 2: Through the elective modules, you will specialise in Digital Business Management
- Phase 3: Your master's thesis
The Master of Science Business Management deals with the complex topics of leadership and management of companies and organisations in the globalised and digitalised age. In addition to traditional management skills, you will learn new forms of shaping business models and value chains, marketing products and services as well as modern leadership and management systems.
The specialisation in Digital Business Management prepares you for leadership and management positions in companies that face the opportunities and challenges of digitization in business and work. Since new business models have to be invented and existing structures and processes have to be replaced or at least adapted, it is our aim to teach Digital Business Management from the perspective of digital entrepreneurship (startup focus) and the perspective of digital transformation (corporate focus). You will extend and broaden your knowledge in areas such as digital work, digital finance or big data. The degree course will be crowned by your Master's thesis which can be designed as a company project and submitted on a topic of your choice.
What’s special about this programme is definitely the actuality of its contents and its user centeredness. While there are a lot of courses and materials, I feel the structure, tasks and resources are well packaged to fit into a busy work schedule.
The course will begin with a joint virtual kick-off event which will give you the possibility to get to know your fellow students and lecturers.
The learning platform Moodle is used for teaching. We use various conference systems such as MS Teams, WebExand BigBlueButton for our online live-sessions and consultancy and advisory services. All self-learning contents are provided on our learning platform Moodle, structured by HP5 and other tools.
On average 4-5 modules are covered per semester. Each module is structured according to the same basic pattern:
- A guideline for each module in which recommendations are given for the processing of the contents.
- High-quality online materials in form of literature, self-study support, tests, videos and collaborative learning formats.
- Access to the online library and the numerous online databases of the HWR Berlin.
- Opportunity for regular contact with the lecturers.
- Module examinations as online presentations, e-exams or homework assignments
In addition we offer:
- Guest lectures/impulses
- Life case studies/business simulation
- WBS LearnSpace 3D
Since our aim is to support the exchange of experiences between students and professionals we also offer:
- Access to the BPS alumni network
- Contact to the startup incubator/Centre of Entrepreneurship
- Option to participate in small conferences in the field of Transformation Management & Change
- At the end of the third semester you will have the opportunity to take part in our "Digital Business Safari" in Berlin. The one-week long safari will guide through the world of Berlin DigiTech companies.
- Systematic and personal mentoring
- Worldwide Alunmi-Network
- Virtual participation in BPS Events
First Hand Insights
- Into the Berlin‘s start-up scene
- Digital Business Safari
- Experience exchange with professionals
- First University degree (210 ECTS) and one year of postgraduate work experience
- For applicants without a first university degree: five years of relevant work experience plus qualification test
Each year, applications are accepted from 15 January. We recommend applying early as admissions are made on a rolling basis depending on suitability. 25 places are assigned annually for the programme start in October.
If you meet the entry requirements and are interested in applying for the Master Business Management, please use our online application tool:
You will be asked to upload the following documents during the application process:
- Copy of your undergraduate university degree and transcript of records
- Proof of work experience (e.g. job confirmation)
- Proof of English skills
- Curriculum Vitae / resume, preferably in "europass" format
- Letter of motivation explaining your choice of programme
- Copy of your passport or ID
- Non-EU-citizen: proof of three years undergraduate degree
Please submit formally certified copies only.
Certificates and other documents which are not in English nor in German must be translated into one of these languages. Translations must be formally certified and attached to the documents.
Tuition fees - an investment in your future
The tuition fee for the Master Business Management is 12.500 Euro.
This includes all study costs, from matriculation to modules and teaching materials, right through to exam charges.
Tuition fee can be paid in installments, which you can view in the schedule of fees. We would be happy to advise you personally!
As the programme has been approved as a course of further education in accordance of the Berlin Law of Higher Education, tuition fees are normally tax deductible. The degree programme is also recognised as vocational training which usually allows some entitlement to training leave.