Master Business Management – Green Energy and Climate Finance
* 100 % Online Distance Learning Programme *
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
incl. Green Energy Finance Specialist (GEFS)
- Type of study
Distance learning online
- Standard period of study
- Programme start
1 October 2021
- Credits (ECTS)
- Language of instruction
- Number of places
- Admission requirements
First University degree (210 ECTS) and one year of postgraduate work experience
For applicants without a first university degree: five years of relevant work experience plus qualification test
- Tuition fees
(We offer a discount of 3.500 Euro, if you hold the "Green Energy Finance Specialist (GEFS)" certificate from RENAC)
The whole study programme is delivered online. In some modules mandatory synchronous online lectures are delivered.
The Master of Science in Business Management qualifies you for management positions in international companies and organisations. You will focus on project management and applications, acquiring both strategic as well as operational skills. It is the first distance learning programme worldwide that offers the opportunity to obtain a prestigious Master of Science in Business Management (M.Sc.) degree with a focus on green energy and climate finance.
This master's programme with a specialisation in Green Energy and Climate Finance is offered by the Berlin Professional School (BPS) in cooperation with the Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG. The programme offers you:
- Profound knowledge of concepts, theories and applications of business administration and the option to specialise in Green Energy and Climate Finance
- An interdisciplinary understanding of international management to provide students with the necessary skills to develop a career in the renewable energy and energy efficiency financing markets
- Excellent career prospects: career paths in renewable energy, energy efficiency and climate finance, from the private sector (renewable energy and climate/energy efficiency project developers and investors), to financing institutions and consultancies, to public organisations, among others
- Flexible mode of delivery: you study at any time and from any location
- Practical: 3-day seminar and one week on-campus time with practical exercises, live lectures and networking
- Very experienced partners: Berlin Professional School is a German pioneer in higher management education. RENAC, a globally operating expert on training for renewable energy and energy efficiency, serves as a bridge between students and the industry
- You also have the option to earn the "Green Energy Finance Specialist" (GEFS) certificate from RENAC as part of the programme (including the required exams).
- Systematic and personal mentoring
- Worldwide Alunmi-Network
- Virtual participation in BPS Events
First Hand Insights
- Dedicated focus on renewable energy, energy efficiency and climate finance
- Comprehensive financial modelling and due diligence training
- First-hand experience exchange with green industry professionals
The Master of Science in Business Management tackles current topics in international management as well as practical issues in global companies. In addition to traditional management skills, you learn new ways of shaping business models and value chains, marketing products and services, and new management styles. A modern mix of methodological teaching approaches and the integration of practical projects. This enables you to develop the ability to apply your knowledge to international issues in a creative, solution-based manner.
The specialisation in Green Energy and Climate Finance prepares you for leadership and specialist roles in the field of evaluating, financing, and steering of green energy projects. You extend and broaden your knowledge in areas such as international climate finance, green project finance modelling, due diligence and company evaluation as well as performance measurement in the green energy sector. Incorporated into this is a one-week study trip to Berlin.
The Master of Science in Business Management begins in October annually and runs over the course of 24 months. The distance-learning programme is divided into three sections:
- Phase 1: You learn and build upon fundamental concepts, theories and applications of business administration. You will develop an essential understanding of management with special emphasis on business finance
- Phase 2: Through the elective modules, you will specialise in Green Energy and Climate Finance
- Phase 3: Your master's thesis
The course will begin with a joint virtual kick-off event which will give you the possibility to get to know your fellow students and lecturers.
The learning platform Moodle is used for teaching. Various conference tools such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx and Big Blue Button are employed for online self-learning content e.g. HP5, online presence as well as consultancy and advisory services.
On average 4-5 modules are covered per semester. Each module is structured according to the same basic pattern:
- A guideline for each module in which recommendations are given for the processing of the contents.
- High-quality online materials in form of literature, self-study support, tests, videos and collaborative learning formats.
- Access to the online library and the numerous online databases of the HWR Berlin.
- Opportunity for regular contact with the lecturers.
- Module examinations as online presentations, e-exams or homework assignments
In addition we offer:
- Guest lectures/impulses
- Life case studies/business simulation
- Skill development supported by professional coaches
Since our aim is to support the exchange of experiences between students and professionals we also offer:
- Access to the BPS alumni network
- Contact to the startup incubator/Centre of Entrepreneurship
The Master's degree with a focus on Green Energy and Climate Finance bridges the gap between up-to-date management education and the application-oriented knowledge that green energy finance professionals need.
- First University degree (210 ECTS) and one year of postgraduate work experience
- For applicants without a first university degree: five years of relevant work experience plus qualification test
If you meet the entry requirements and are interested in applying for the Master Business Management, please use our online application tool:
You will be asked to upload the following documents during the application process:
- Copy of your undergraduate university degree and transcript of records
- Proof of work experience (e.g. reference letters)
- Proof of English skills (certification must be less than three years old)
- Curriculum Vitae / resume, preferably in "europass" format
- Letter of motivation explaining your choice of programme
- Copy of your passport or ID
- Non-EU-citizen: proof of three years undergraduate degree
Please submit formally certified copies only.
Certificates and other documents which are not in English nor in German must be translated into one of these languages. Translations must be formally certified and attached to the documents.
Each year, applications are accepted until 15 July. We recommend applying early as admissions are made on a rolling basis depending on suitability. 25 places are assigned annually for the programme start in October.
Tuition Fees - an investment in your future
The tuition fees for the Master programme is 12.500 Euro *. This includes all study costs, from matriculation to modules and teaching materials, right through to exam charges.
Tuition fee can be paid in installments, which you can view in the schedule of fees. We would be happy to advise you personally!
As the programme has been approved as a course of further education in accordance of the Berlin Law of Higher Education, tuition fees are normally tax deductible.
* If you have already successfully completed the Green Energy Finance Specialist (GEFS) certificate, 28 ECTS credit points will be credited towards your master's degree. The reduced tuition fee is 9,000 Euros.