Master Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies
Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Type of study
- Standard period of study
- Programme start
- Credits (ECTS)
- Language of instructions
- Number of places
- Admission requirements
completed undergraduate degree, a minimum of one year work experience, very good knowledge of English
- Application period
from 1 December
- Tuition fees
- Accredited by
- HWR Campus
Master Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies – Cross-Cultural Collaboration
The Master Study Programme in Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies (CEEBS) provides you with many opportunities. Future career possibilities include a specialist or executive in a Chinese-European corporation, either in commerce or in politics. This is an intercultural study course that provides you with fundamental insights into the economic development and economy of China and Europe. You will tackle core topics relating to businesses and institutions that work in a Sino-European setting.
The master programme provides you with:
- Sound specialist knowledge in the field of International Business and Economics
- An enhanced understanding of Sino-European business studies
- Cultural and political background knowledge, as well as compact language courses
- A dedicated Career Service and a resolute network.
Programme Structure - As International as the Content
The Master in Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies starts in September each year and runs full-time over 2 years. It is divided into three sections:
- Learn the basics at Berlin Professional School – in addition to aspects of international business and economics, leadership skills are also taught (e.g., intercultural training) as well as the language
- Semester abroad in China – you spend the third semester studying at the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) in Chengdu, deepening and broadening your knowledge
- Master’s thesis – during the fourth and final semester, you focus on your master’s thesis. It’s up to you to decide whether you write your thesis at BPS or SWUFE
- In certain circumstances, it is possible to gain a Dual Degree from SWUFE and HWR Berlin. Specific terms for this can be found here.
The Master in Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies focusses on matters of international finance and commerce. The first two semesters concentrate intensively on all aspects of Chinese-European business, from finance to marketing to HR. You gain the entrepreneurial knowledge required to negotiate both markets, analyse relevant interfaces and contrasts and build upon your leadership skills.
Elective modules also provide you with the opportunity to pursue individual career goals. For example, to specialise in areas such as corporate finance, entrepreneurship, media marketing, project management or business strategy and CSR.
However, the master’s programme provides much more than just selected snippets of wisdom. It offers you the certainty of having connected, profound understanding. In addition to management skills, you will also gain an insight into the economies and financial markets of China and Europe alike, as well as the cultural and political history. Thorough language training will perfectly round off your competences.
After completing the semester abroad in China, thinking globally and life in both worlds will be second nature.
Study in Berlin and Chengdu
In this master programme, you study the first two semesters at the Berlin Professional School in Berlin. The third semester is spent at our partner university (Southwestern University of Finance and Economics) in Chengdu, China. In the fourth semester you write your master's thesis: this is possible in Berlin or Chengdu.
A dual degree from HWR Berlin and SWUFE is possible for:
- all none-Chinese, who have their first university degree outside of China
- Chinese citizens, who have their first university degree from SWUFE
The program helps me to access new resources and apply new tools, letting me discover my industry in another way. The management skills, expertise, and networks will benefit my research, quality of work and social networks.
- Completed university degree (180 Credits)
- work experience after the first degree
- very good knowledge of English equivalent to a TOEFL certificate of at least ibt 79 points or cbt 213 points, IELTS with an overall band score of 6.5 or other equivalent certificate
- Basic knowledge of Chinese equivalent A2
Each year, applications are accepted from 1 December. We recommend applying early as admissions are made on a rolling basis depending on suitability. 35 places are assigned annually for the programme start in September.
- Non-EU-citizens: 30 May (due to visa processing time)
- EU-citizens: 31 July
- Applicants from non-European countries should bear in mind that it takes time to have a visa processed (approx. 4 months).
If you meet the entry requirements and are interested in applying for the Master Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies please use our online application tool:
You will be asked to upload the following documents during the application process:
- copy of your undergraduate university degree and transcript of records
- proof of work experience (e.g. reference letters)
- letter of motivation explaining your choice of programme
- curriculum vitae, preferably in "europass"
- copy of passport
- passport photo
- certification of eligibility for university education (e.g. Abitur/A-levels)
- proof of excellent knowledge of English equivalent to a TOEFL certificate of at least ibt 79 points or cbt 213 points, IELTS with an overall band score of 6.5 or other equivalent certificates
Please submit formally certified copies only.
Certificates and other documents which are not in English nor in German must be translated into one of these languages. Translations must be formally certified and attached to the documents.
If you are applying from a non-European country, you will need to allow for the time to have your visa processed (approx. 4-6 months).
Please note that applicants from the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau need to send additionally a complete application (hard copies) to:
Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE)
College of International Education
Prof. Wang Xin, Academic Director
No. 55 Guanghuacun Str.
Tuition Fees – an investment in your future
The tuition fee for the Master Chinese--European Econmics and Business Studies is 14.950 Euro.
- All study costs, from matriculation to modules and teaching materials, right through to exam charges
- Guest lectures and excursions
- Welcome Service
- Career Service and events
Tuition fee can be paid in installments, which you can view in the schedule of fees. We would be happy to advise you personally!
As the programme has been approved as a course of further education in accordance of the Berlin Law of Higher Education, tuition fees are normally tax deductible.
Why study in Berlin?
Berlin is an international capital city of culture, sport and science. Berlin embodies dynamism and diversity. Imagine a city full of beginnings and ends, characterised by residents and visitors, cultural richness, industry and professional associations. Here, start-ups blossom next to large corporations that operate on a global scale. And Berlin is a student metropolis, with 16 state universities alone. This includes three universities, four art colleges and eight universities of applied sciences. Berlin’s campus is Berlin itself. And we’re right in the heart of it all.
Over 3 500 alumni from more than 30 nations, and another 200 students joining annually. That is the worldwide Berlin Professional School alumni network, consisting of specialists from infinite industries and companies. As part of this international community, you will gain access to BPS alumni groups on XING and LinkedIn, with job offers and networking possibilities.
You will also automatically receive invitations to BPS alumni events including our homecoming event or the X-Mas Punch.
You have studied at the Berlin Professional School or at the IMB Institute of Management or the Institute of Distance Learning at HWR Berlin? Then you can register for our Alumni Network here.
On graduating from BPS, you’re drawing a new hand of cards for your career. Yet we understand that questions about reorientation, career strategies and development are almost as important as the study programme itself.
We want to support you in identifying your career goals and efficiently pursuing them by providing you personal, confidential advice. Through one-to-one conversations, we will work together to develop measures to guide you in practically implementing your goals, both during your studies and beyond.
We teach you how to structure and put together professional applications, both in a domestic and international context. You will be given individual feedback on the application documents submitted beforehand and learn how to improve them.
We will also discuss objectives, structure and typical questions in interviews and you will practice in plenary assemblies or small groups.
Your CV is the core of your application. The Career Service actively supports you through application processes with a complimentary CV check. Together, we will make your strengths and experience truly stand out.
During Graduate Talks yesterday's graduates show today's students the opportunities they could have tomorrow.
Through these talks, you will get to know companies from different industries and receive first-hand tips on how to successfully launch your career in Germany.
The participating graduates have either found their feet in the vibrant Berlin start-up scene or in large companies. Montredo, idealo, Blacklane, Delivery Hero, Bombardier, Zalando and Vodafone are among those represented.
By virtue of a varied programme of company visits, you will gain insight into the everyday management life during your studies. Not only do company visits form an integral part of the course, they also provide the opportunity to gain a first-hand impression of a company. You will meet company representatives in person.
Have you ever imagined that an employer would want to introduce themselves to you? Even if it’s not something often verbalised, company presentations like to demonstrate how attractive they are as an employer to businesses via projects and presentations.
Studying at the BPS makes it crystal clear that you want more. Graduating proves that you can do more. This combination of desire and expertise will make you sought-after by any company. And now, you can see how interesting our partner companies are.
You are interested in the degree program - download the information here: Master Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies
The study and examination regulations of the program are available in our Download Center